1. What Data We Collect: We may collect information to facilitate the use of our website by you, our customer. On our website, we collect two types of information:
(a) Information of a personal nature (“Personal Information”): To access our courses on Learn@papillon Portal (as well as use some of the functions on our website), you will be asked to provide Personal Information from which you can be identified. Use of the Portal cannot be accessed without the requested information. The purposes for the collection are the following:
(i) To allow you to purchase our services;
(ii) To communicate with you regarding our services;
(iii) To ensure that use of our services are efficient and effective;
(iv) To allow you to participate in interactive features that we offer, when you choose to do so;
(v) To facilitate your purchase with our affiliated service providers if any;
(vi) To respond to your inquiries. Customer service is an important goal for us, and as such, we encourage you to submit questions or comments; and
(vii) To update you on changes to our services or products, including without limitation new services, promotions and changes to our terms.
We expressly acknowledge that we will not use any Personal Information for any other purposes without your consent. Further, we will only collect Personal Information to the extent necessary for the abovementioned purposes. The Personal Information we collect will vary depending on how you are using the website, but may include some or all of the following:
(viii) Name, contact details (email address, phone, URL, etc);
(ix) Your place of work, position and country of residence;
(x) Details about the services we provided to you;
(xi) Credit Card Information (through our credit card processor);
(xii) Credit Information (for corporations);
(xiii) Inquiries with Papillon MDC and its staff;
(xiv) Information provided in surveys (for research purposes) in which you may voluntarily participate; and
(b) Statistical information of a non-personal nature (hereinafter referred to as “Non-Personal Information”): To browse some portions of our website, you do not need to supply us with personal information that would allow others to identify you. However, when you access our website and portal, we will automatically collect certain statistical information from you. This Non-Personal Information will be collected without your knowledge or consent. Such collection will not allow you to be personally identified. For example, one of the tools that we use are “cookies”. Cookies are record keeping files that are stored when you access a website. No personal information is contained on the cookie. Instead, cookies contain statistical information such as which website you have accessed, when and how many times. You can instruct your computer to inform you whenever a cookie is being sent, or you can disallow cookies through you web browser. If you do choose to disallow cookies, some features of this website may not function, or your ability to choose some of the options may be limited. Cookies are merely one example of the various tools we will use to collect Non-Personal Information.
(c) Other Statistical Information: You acknowledge that Papillon may gather other statistical information from your courses or workshops, in a manner which will not allow you to be personally identified, periodically to: (a) facilitate the provision of software updates, improve services, provide coaching services, support, and other services to you, (b) be able to match potential clients with possible coaches, and/or (c) run statistics on trends.
(d) Statistical Information Shared Outside of Papillon: Any statistical data that is shared outside of Papillon will not enable third parties to identify clients.
2. How Long We Keep Your Data: Data that we acquire will be retained as long as it is required in relation to that purpose, unless you otherwise withdraw your consent. Data that is not acquired in relation to a specific purpose will be regularly reviewed and amended where needed or deleted when it is no longer relevant or of use.
4. Security: Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While we use commercially reasonable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk.
5. Withdrawal of Consent: We will not collect any Personal Information from you without your knowledge and consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time by sending a written request to Papillon. Upon receiving notice that you have revoked your consent, we will stop using your Personal Information within a reasonable time, which will vary depending on what information we have collected and for what purpose. Please note that we will send you a confirmation email upon receipt of your request. Therefore, if you do not receive such confirmation email, please contact us again with your request.
6. Sharing of Information: We will not sell, rent or disclose to outside parties the collected information except as described herein. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may share the collected information with other parties as follows:
(a) Affiliated Service Providers: We have agreements with various affiliated service providers to facilitate the functioning of this website, with whom we may share the information we have collected. For example, we may share your credit card information with the credit card service provider to process your purchase. All administrative service providers that we use are required to have the same level of privacy protection as we have, and therefore we expect that your information will be handled with the same level of care that we employ.
(b) Where required by law: We may disclose the collected information if there is a duty to disclose where required by law, specifically in response to a demand from government authorities where such demand meets the legal requirements.
(c) Statistical Analysis: We may share aggregated statistical information with third parties for advertising or marketing purposes. No Personal Information will be shared in this manner.
(d) Sale of Papillon: Papillon may transfer any information in its possession in connection with a sale of assets of the company, a sale of the company or a merger.
8. Protection of Your Information: We are responsible for the protection of the information that we collect from you. Therefore, when we collect or use your information, we utilize security tools to ensure its protection. For example, your Personal Information will be password protected, and we will use firewalls to deter access to your information by outside parties. It should be noted that no security procedure is currently 100% effective. Should any breach of your personal information occur, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible.
9. Right to Examine Information: You have the right to access your Personal Information that we collect. To request a copy of your Personal Information, please send us a written request to and we will respond within a reasonable delay. If any Personal Information we hold is incorrect, you can request to have it corrected. You may also:
(a) ask us to delete your Personal Information;
(b) ask us to remove you from our list of contacts for newsletters and other communications; and
(c) object to our use of your Personal Information even where we rely on our legitimate interests to do so, by withdrawing your consent and asking us to delete your Personal Information at any time.
Any access request may be subject to a minimum payment to cover the costs to provide details of the information we hold about you.
10. Age of Majority: Access to the Portal is restricted to persons aged 18 and over. We will not collect any information on persons aged under 18.
In case you are not satisfied with our response you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at the following address: 30 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec, K1A 1H3, by phone at 1-800 -282-1376 or online at www.priv.gc.ca.
Please note that the last update was performed on October 31, 2019.